Frequently asked questions
Welcome to WioPay
What is WioPay?
WioPay is the quick and easy order, shop and pay app.. You don’t even need to queue for the till. Beat the queue!
Which devices are compatible with WioPay?
WioPay can be used on Android, iOS and Windows 10 mobile devices.
Which debit and credit cards can be linked to WioPay?
Any Visa or MasterCard works with WioPay.
Tip: Some card issuers may ask you to enable your card for purchases online first.
Are there any additional charges for using WioPay?
Absolutely not. Any charges are paid by the retailer, not you.
Where can I use WioPay?
Click ‘Choose location’ on the app and you’ll see nearby places where you can order pay without queueing using WioPay. You will also find information about shop and pay at retailers that provide this service.
How to use WioPay
Order and Pay
- Open WioPay, choose your location and the products you want on your mobile
- Confirm the order and pay with the card already saved on the app
- The shop gets your order and prepares it
- You’re told when your order is ready at the pick-up point - beating the queue
Shop and Pay
- From the shop’s shelf or fridge choose the products you want
- Scan the poster on WioPay and then scan or select the products
- Confirm your purchase using the card saved on WioPay
- Skip the till, leave the shop and beat the queue
Do I have to be connected to the internet to order or shop?
Yes. WioPay works on WiFi and 3G.
How do I get a refund?
If the retailer has agreed to give you a refund, they will send it to WioPay. We will then credit the card you’ve linked to the app.
Where can I find a record of my spending?
Any payments made through the app will appear on your debit or credit card statements as WioPay. There is also a payment history on the app.
What should I do if I forget my password or need to change it?
- Open the app, select ‘Settings’, then select ‘Forgot Your Password?’
- Enter the email address you used to register
- We’ll send you an email to reset your password
What should I do if I forget my PIN or need to change it?
- Tap ‘Forgot your PIN?’
- Enter your password then choose a new PIN
I need to change my credit card or debit card details
- Choose Manage Cards from the menu
- Untick the card to remove it
- Add a new one
How do I change my email address?
- Choose Account from the menu
- Select Contact Details
- Untick your email address
- Add a new one
What happens if I get a new phone?
Your WioPay account is still active. You’ll need to download the app to your new phone. Then login to your account using the same phone number and password as you used on your old phone.
How do I know my card details are safe with WioPay?
WioPay does not store your card details on its systems, although holds a token which retains some of the digits. This enables you to identify the appropriate card in future transactions.
Your card details are securely stored by Payment Service Providers for ease of use in future transactions using the app. WioPay ensures that Payment Servers Providers collects, transmits, stores and protects your card details in accordance with PCI DSS requirements.
This security standard is industry standard for anyone who stores card data and process transactions. We protect your card details in the same way as apps such as Uber, Airbnb or Amazon. You may remove payment cards from the application at any time.
What should I do if my phone is stolen or lost?
First, don’t worry. Anyone finding your phone cannot use the app to pay for anything as they’ll also need the PIN code. Nevertheless, for your peace of mind, we can remotely disable your account. This makes sure it’s logged out and that no one can not see historic activities you’ve made using the app. Just email us at email@example.com
The team behind WioPay
Who has developed WioPay?
Our company is called WoraPay. We love technology and hate to queue. Which is how our beat the queue app came about! Find out more about us.